Friday 19 September 2014

Elf Brushes. Yes or No?

Elf brushes have always been talked about as being good quality and I don't know about you guys, but I am convinced with brushes you get what you pay for. So, I had to try for myself to see if they were any good or not. At £3.95 a pop I decided to get 3 and the Lip Exfoliator (Can you tell Emily Noel from YouTube is being my guide here ? ;))

Overview of the brushes I got!
 
BUT have I been converted?? First up the Powder Brush!
1)
Powder Brush Close Up

 The Powder brush is soft yet firm enough, picks up hard pressed powders well and is good at tapping off excess from loose powders. It's a lovely brush and I love the cut of it, I haven't tried it with any cream or liquid products because to be honest...I kinda think it wouldn't work with a liquid foundation very well as I feel the bristles are almost too soft/not dense enough for that. Overall, great brush for a great price, would I recommend it for blush? Just, Powder all over the face? Absolutely, Contour? Urr...I feel as though it's too wide for that but you could! All over blending? Heck Yeah!


2) Small Stipple Brush;

Front View
Side View!





















 The only trouble with elf packaging! The Plastic cover it comes in squishes the brush! So my brush is more of a fan shaped, still I love this brush. On first touch I was worried the bristles were too soft but on Emily's recommendation I powdered through trying x2 different creamy blushes on my cheeks with this. It's fantastic. It is very small, but I feel as though this makes for a better application! It's small & cute but gutsy, it picks up product from the pans well and distributes across your face and cheeks wonderfully, makes even the stickiest "cream blush" glide onto your cheeks. I am SOLD. I will be buying these for all my friends for Christmas!


3) Small Tapered Brush;
Small Tapered Brush sideways on
This brush. This is the pick of the bunch for me. The size is just perfect for getting right in that contour line y'all know you need! For even the smallest of faces and cheeks, this is amazing. Soft bristles, blends out powders so nicely (I tend to do a lil' back forward blend and it just blends in even the darkest contour powders beautifully :')). If you're looking for the Perfect Contour/Highlight brush this HAS to be it! Again, some friends' will find this in their stockings!

Overview of the brushes;
Good Quality Bristles
Good Quality Handles
Look Nice
Don't shed all that much (only expected with new brushes)
Packaging they come in can squeeze or alter the brushes shape for a little while
They're like never in bloody stock online!? -Seriously Elf please just get up to date with suppliers, I almost didn't bother!
Elf almost always have a code or promo on their site so you may even get the brushes cheaper or with free shipping! Woo!

 The last thing I got was the Lip Exfoliator...

Close up on the exfoliator
 I love this product so much. It is now a Holy Grail Product of mine, it's so deeply exfoliating-almost harsh on lips, so if you don't like really hard exfoliators then don't go for this. If like me you suffer with crusty lip syndrome sometimes and you lips almost feel itchy, this is great! Going to get rid of all your scuffiness plus where it's made of all sugar and oils etc it tastes amazing! It reminds me so much of the Lush lip scrub but it is in a much more accessible lipstick form. I cannot express my love for this product it is simply incredible. A***!


So that's it for my lil' tiny elf haul! Hope you like my mini reviews of the products, quite a lot of love in here!
See you in the next one, it feels great to be blogging again x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment