Thursday 28 November 2013

Perfect Palette Tag!

So I've been watching a lot of the Perfect Palette Tag on Youtube and my friend suggested I did it as a post!
So here are the questions and my answers!
1) Best Packaging
This goes to the Urban Decay Glinda Palette, the reason I have chosen this palette is that it is a really thick durable metal case, that protects shadows well (its not heavy though ;)). It has a lovely LARGE mirror inside and space for a pencil PLUS you can change the shadows in and out of the palette. What more could you want? The pretty outside is just a bonus.
Outer Box



2) Best Colour Pay-Off:
So this one kinda took a little thinking and at first I thought Naked 1 Palette...but then I remembered the absoultely stunning looks I used to create with these highly pigmented babies! The Too Faced Shadow Insurance Palette also came with a Shadow Insurance Primer and this and UD Primer Potion is all I ever use. I think Glamazon has to be my all time fave shadow out of this palette <3


Outer Packaging
A little look inside...

All One-Swipe Swatches
3) Most Versatile. This also took a little bit of thinking and my first initial reaction was to go for an 100 colour palette or something huge and then I thought, well my palette I actually get the most looks out of (probably just cos I use it allll the time ;D) is my Kat Von D Poetica palette. This palette is different in that it has a really bright copper orange (Chandler) as well as some really, really pretty neutrals (like Forgiveness & Sandtimer) but then POW! it hits you with a dark glittery Tijuana & Wonderland...AND then has two purples. I mean, just wow. Also worth noting I very nearly said that this has the best packaging but as it feels a little delicate I decided to give it to UD.
Outside of the palette
Just LOOK at those gorgeous colours <3

4) Best for Travel: This HAS to go to the Sleek Palettes. They're so....Sleek! They're really slim and feel very durable plus have a great big mirror and a huge array of shadows (both matte and shimmers) and are really good quality. I took the Snapshots pallete with me to barcelona and used it twice everyday (once for daytime once for nighttime looks :P). Fantastic palettes. They take up no room!


Overview
Look at how SKINNY it is!

5) Biggest regret.
This was really hard as I don't actually "Regret" any palettes I've bought so I decided to make this more of a never touched/waste of money for that reason haha! So I came up with my ELF Custom palette quad thingy...
So the idea is that you buy the compact and then buy the cheap little shadows, blushers whatevers to put in it and I just NEVER use it so although it was under a tenner...still money I could've saved.


Inside View...

6) Best Shade Names, this was easy for me, there was a hands-down winner from the start! Sleek!
I narrowed it to the Candy & Snapshots palette but yeah...I wanted to include the Aqua palette sooo badly too! haha, but with names like Apple Sour, Cream Soda, Liqourice, Blue Fizz, FLUMP! The Candy Palette NEEDS to be mentioned! But wait! The Snapshots Palette has names like...Humming Bird, Tequila Sunrise, Kiwi Flower, Sand Walker and Purple Haze and let me tell you every name is SO apprpriate for the colour it's untrue. This was probably my favourite category :P

Candy Palette on top of and above Snapshots Palette.


Snapshots Close Up

Candy Close Up

7) Least Used. In Fact-Also Never Touched!
The Wet n Wild Blue Had Me At Hello Palette. I love the colours, I think they're gorgeous and I also love how it tells you where to put the colours but I have no idea why I've never touched it!? I guess I just haven't got around to using it, I don't have that many blue clothes or accessories it could go with...maybe I could wear it for the xmas party? I do like the palette a lot, I have another one (can't remember the name off of the top of my head, greens and browns) and I use that ALL the time! haha, oh well!

Over View

8) And finally, Desert Island Palette. The One Palette you'd take with you were you stranded on a desert island and could choose! Naked 2.
Now, the reason I have said Naked 2 is because I kinda do use it as my desert island palette, if I am staying someone over night at short notice (like Ed's or a friend's or whatever) I'll chuck this palette in my overnight bag because I know in the morning I can create a really lovely look or if we're going out smoke up whatever I was wearing during the day already. It matches ANY clothes your wearing, any mood (apart from colour blocking haha ;)) So, it's a great palette to have on a desert island where you're sipping cocktails all day and awaiting for Johnny Depp to come and rescue you ;)

Outer Top of packaging
Look at the shades...


So that was my Perfect Palette Tag! I hope you guys enjoyed my take on the perfect palettes and comment below with yours? :) See you soon! x

No comments:

Post a Comment