Saturday 17 August 2013

16.8.13 LOTD-Swinging Sixties Inspired with Beatles' Tribute Band Night at The Brook

So last night my friends very kindly took me to see The Silver Beatles (one of the very best Beatles' tribute acts in my opinion... ;D) at my favourite music venue in the south! The Brook, Portswood, Southampton. My makeup obviously could've gone two ways, sixties polished or seventies relaxed...I decided to go with polished makeup and relaxed long hair as this meant I could fit in both quite well :)

My Full Face :')

Ma Flick-ey Eyes XD
I popped the eye makeup straight over the top of my day makeup (which just consisted of a very pale shimmerey blue washed over the eyes), for the sixties, my belief is that everything is quite Matte and accurate. So for my eye colours I used the Urban Decay Basics Palette (WOS patted all over lid, faint in crease and foxy on inner corners, virgin as a slight highlight concentrated under the brow arch particularly for a really lifted arch look :)). I then used my Collection black gel liner to make my flicks. Sleek's brow kit in dark (you can see swatches of it here in my massive sleek review: http://tinyurl.com/mbnzxka) using the powder ONLY. I then wiggled some of Benefit's They're Real through my already mascara-ed lashes (Top & Bottom), then a little pinch of MAC's Cremeblend blush in So Sweet So Easy on the apples of my cheeks and finished with A LOT of pressed powder buffed & setting my face. Oooh! and MUA's Lip Boom in Cheeky-Lipstick side ONLY.

Main Products Used!

Have you seen many Tribute bands? I can say I have-I really love visiting the brook and seeing what's on :D You can catch The Silver Beatles on facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/silverbeatles?fref=ts
and on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_nY1x0Ej1o This clip is only very short but I think shows how fun they are :') x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment